Recover Deleted Files
If you have lost files, or accidentally deleted that 15 page English paper the night before it is due, there is hope for recovery. You need the thumb drive that you missing files and be able to download a free software tool that will recover deleted files.
- Plug the thumb drive with the lost files into your computer.
- Download the MiniTool Recovery Free Edition.
- When the program finishes downloading, install and then open it.
- Select the “I am a home user…” box and Launch the program.
- There are many options here for recovery but for this tutorial we will choose the “undelete recovery” which is used for recovering deleted files or lost file.
- You will then see a list of all the drives attached to the computer. Your thumb drive should be close to the bottom of the list. Click the drive and then click Recover. This will recover all the files that have been deleted.
- Scroll down the list until you find the files that you wan to recover, and check the boxes next to them.
- Once you have the file/files selected hit Save Files. Make sure you save them to the computer and not back to the thumb drive. Click the browse button to select a save location and hit OK.
- You should now see the file/files where you said to save them. Voila! Good as new.